Fun fact: burpees hit practically every muscle group in the body while providing cardio and endurance benefits at the same time.
Not so fun fact: the majority of people hate doing them.
Fortunately, when people start adding burpees into their workouts, its easy to see results fairly quickly which motivates people to continue doing them.
This week I had Sibley Scoles come in fresh from vacation demanding to "get her ass kicked." After indulging in delicious foods, relaxing, and not being as physically active as she usually is, she was ready to go PHLEXX mode.
We did a total body circuit workout that included an advanced burpee that I call a "Spider plank burpee." When this is executed in correct form, it is highly effective.
My top 5 reasons why I love burpees:
- You can do them anywhere - No special equipment is needed and you can perform them indoors or outdoors.
- Torch calories - According to science, high-intensity exercises like burpees burn up to 50% more fat than moderate exercising.
- Improves your strength - Burpees strengthen the legs, arms and core all at once.
- Add them to any workout - A great way to add a burst of cardio in between sets is to throw in 10-15 burpees.
- Efficient & effective - Even if you only have 10 minutes of free time, you can still get a full body workout in.
Full workouts coming soon on the Phlexx app. Stay tuned!